New member welcome thread..

usdm_b18

Hello BC Riders! Good to be able to find a BC local board!

Recently moved to Vancouver about a year ago from Ontario and picked up a bike at the end of the season and really looking forward to exploring BC this season.

I currently ride a Honda VFR800; and have previously had a Suzuki GSX600, and started on a Kawi Ninja 500.

My most recent ride was a Honda Win 110cc in Vietnam ;)

Cheers;
Jon

Last edited:

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
Hey Jon, :welcome: to BC and BC Riders. That VFR is a perfect bike to explore the many beautiful roads and scenery that BC has to offer.

Bob.

fysty-1

Yeh Jon. Like he said! Welcome1 Also welcome to the fabulous "Wet Coast". I lived most all my adult life in S.Ontairio culminating with 15 years in the big smoke.n Sure do miss TO but can no longer take the heat. Cheers Angela

Brettsmith

I ride a gsxr 750 in the south okanagan. Hope to meet new people to ride with in Okanagan area. I heard of this sight on Okanagan Sportbikes.com So i checked it out. The weather is getting better everyday. So anyway you all have a safe and fun rides this year. See you out there.

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
Hi Brett, :welcome: to BC Riders.
I hope you didn't hear about us from an ex-BC Riders member (also riding a GSXR 750) that left us "slightly" unhappy.

fysty-1

Welcome to this great site Brett. Please share your expertise , experiences & LOTS of PICTURES! hehehehe

Armor11

Welcome to the site Brett, mty son and I ride a couple of GSXR-600's. We are in Kamloops but make several trips a year down to Oliver to visit the parents, maybe see you out there some day :)

BC_Bolt

Hi all, I am 52 and like some other posts I read I am getting back into riding after a few years with no bike. I recently purchased a Yamaha Star Bolt and love it! Most of my past experience is with dual purpose and this cruiser is the largest displacement bike I have owned. I am a retired military trucker and now starting a second career in IT.

20140413_161954.jpg

Last edited:

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
:welcome: to the site Gord. That's a pretty nice Yamaha you have there.
52 and retired.......I hate you........

Dudette

Hi Brett, :welcome: to BC Riders.
I hope you didn't hear about us from an ex-BC Riders member (also riding a GSXR 750) that left us "slightly" unhappy.

I didn't leave and I am very happy...........oh.....you weren't talking about me?????!!!!!!! :lurking:

johnnyg

Heya everyone,

The Name is John and I'm from Blind Bay. I'm pretty much a motorcycle nut and have a bunch of old crap on 2 wheels. Some runners some not. I do as many kms I can and ride to work all summer. When not riding I'm in my shop customizing anything I can get my hands on. I travel by bike as much as I can and love to explore 2 lane highways and backroads (including dirt ) and generally camp when I do. I appreciate all types of bikes old and new but the majority of my rides are 70's and 80's Japanese bikes (cause they're cheap). I have a new bonneville already customized and there is even an old Czechoslovakian Jawa here. My main bike though are the Triumph ( the wife rides it) and an '80 xs650 im building as a dual purpose bike for travel next season. I am also building a couple of choppers as well. Not OCC style but more 60's era style.

Hoping to meet some like minded people here or at the very least learn a few things!

CheersIMG_0714.JPG

Subo69

Hello,

Coming back to motorcycling after a bike accident in Jan 2014 .. No bike at the moment but working to resolve that

bkcme

I just joined the forum and just wanted to say 'hello' to all from Beautiful Vancouver Island, BC.

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
Welcome to BC Riders bikebook.
But maybe contribute to the forum first instead of posting four times the same thing in different threads, with the only intention of guiding people to your own website. :disapproval:

hello BC riders, im 35 living in marine drive... this is my 3rd year in canada as a resident and planning to stay forever. learn to ride when i was 12 back in the philippines on a yamaha enduro, got my first bike in 2008 scooter type 110cc yamaha mio soul used it for 2yrs and traded with 2010 yamaha nouvo Z 125cc scooter type as well... moved here in BC 2012 and a bit frustrated when i decided to ride again, with my full class 5 lisence im only allowed to ride on 50cc yamaha BWS because dont want to go through the whole lisencing process... recently traded my BWS to Honda CB300FA and love riding every day.... recently working out to get my class 6 lisence hopefully things went well... looking forward to ride with BC riders

RobbieV

Hey y'all.

Just moved a couple months ago from Hamilton, Ontario. Looking for some nice rides close to Vancouver that aren't too far away. I've got a 2010 Triumph Street Triple.