New member welcome thread..

fysty-1

Welcome to Vancouver Rob,no better riding and as well here on the coast you can ride year round if you don't mind the rain in the winter. I lived most my adult life in S.Ont. With the last 15 years in TO. Hated winter but when I turned 45,I couldn't take the heat so I moved back here to the coast. I am now in my 53rd year of riding & have down size to a Virago 1100.

Rose

Hi, I am 27 years old. I started riding in 2011. I am a newbie. I bought a Honda CRF 230 L. I call her huckleberry because she is red and I love her.

Bamo_206

Hi everyone, I am 30 years old, I started riding last year when I visited my family back home, and I'm still newbie. I just bought 2016 HD Sportster 48 last week and installed screamin eagle stage 1. I'm counting days till the summer !!! .. I will be taking riding program for the next few weeks. Thanks

Hello Everyone!

I'm 23 about to turn 24! I just recently moved to Chilliwack, BC from Montreal Quebec and am loving it! The warmer weather is so nice and riding in the rain can be a lot of fun!. I recently bought myself a 09 Yamaha Wr 250R and hit up the trails quite often. Looking forward to getting to know the community and meet some fellow riders!

Currently have my L and am working on full license (about 3 years riding experience) but getting back into off road after a 3 year break.

On a side note I'm working on a youtube channel documenting my adventures. I'm an avid adventurer and nature photographer and my work has gained tons of exposure over the past couple of years. Got a publication with Canadian Geographic and even the Natural History Museum of L.A bought one of my images and has it on display for the next 10 years! and that is mainly the reason why I ride, it gets me out to places where I can not go in a car and lets face it every ride is an adventure!
If you are intersted in what I do check out my
website and my youtube channel.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0iYuOEyiAM

RobbieV

Welcome to Vancouver Rob,no better riding and as well here on the coast you can ride year round if you don't mind the rain in the winter. I lived most my adult life in S.Ont. With the last 15 years in TO. Hated winter but when I turned 45,I couldn't take the heat so I moved back here to the coast. I am now in my 53rd year of riding & have down size to a Virago 1100.
Thanks for the kind words!

I'm still on the hunt for some good riding roads. Sea2Sky is nice but i'd like some tighter twisties in and around Vancouver if possible. Know of any?

AmsterDan

Hello,

My name is Daniel and all motorcycle I have going for me so far ... is a whole lot of wanting! The thought of acquiring my license and a ride to compliment it, has been coming and going for years. At least the interest is recurring, meaning that I most likely won't regret the decision to 'get on board'!

What sparked my interest this time around is the amount of traffic I notice on my commute between Mill Bay and Victoria. Mostly cars and then mostly transporting just the driver. I find that a huge waste a space (resulting in congestion) and definitely a waste of energy. As you may have guessed by now, I'd be looking to become a commuter motorcyclist first, but definitely won't turn down leisure trips here and there ... light adventuring?

I'm currently a student and therefore don't have the necessary disposable income. The least I can do is orient myself with for example, potential motorcycles that would suit my needs. I'd imagine that experience weighs in on that decision as well. I'd also like to know what gear forum members use or like and why. Other than that I'm looking forward to frequenting the forum, seeing what you're up to and hope to, at one point, become a valuable member who's able to help newbie's like myself currently!

See you around the forums.

Adbru

Hi All,
Will you accept an interloper?

I am from Scotland and am planning a 'bucket trip' next year, the plan is to rent a bike in Vancouver and take off for a couple of weeks with my better half.
Reading the threads this seems a good place to get ideas away from the normal tourist routes :)

I have been over to Canada a couple of times and love it, we did a 3 week home swap to Victoria back in 07 which was fantastic.
Looking to be in Victoria for next years 150th Canada Day then head for the hills.

I have ridden the same yam XJ600s (Seca?) now for the last 10 years and plan keeping it for a long time, it does everything I need it to do..

Ride Safe

Adrian

CaribooBC

Newbie to this forum, but far from being a newbie. Been riding since 1982. My favorite bikes are the 80's era sportbikes, especially the strokers like the RZ, RG and NS. I live in the South Cariboo, so my riding season is short. I came here because I was frustrated by the mess over at BCSB.

Sean

Hi

I moved to Squamish from Ottawa just a few weeks ago - and have been puttering about on my Duc getting accustomed to the region, and the incredible roads and scenery!!! This place is motorcycle heaven. More so, I'm very pleased to see just how active, friendly and positive the local scene is. Always happy meet other riders and explore more pavement.

See you on the road!

Sean

MrCanuck

Hi

from Victoria across the pond, enjoy riding the bike and just getting away from the stress of the world. Going to attempt the Duffy lake route this spring.

terry_g

Hi All
I was searching and found this forum and joined.
I hope this forum picks up some traffic. A Canadian motorcycle forum is a great idea.
I am 60 and have been riding and wrenching on motorcycles since I was 12.
I live in northern BC. We are lucky to get 6 or 7 months of riding season in a year.
I have owned the following motorcycles:

Keystone Minibike
Kawasaki J1 80cc
Yamaha 50cc
Suzuki RV125 AKA Cucumber
Yamaha DT2-250
Honda CL350
Can-Am 250 MX2
Kawasaki H2 500cc Triple
Yamaha XS750
Yamaha 11 Special
BMW K100RT
Yamaha 500XT
2008 KLR650
2017 KLR650

I still have the BMW R100RT and the 2017 KLR650 and I am looking for a winter project bike.

Terry

Admin

Founder
Staff member
Hi All
I was searching and found this forum and joined.
I hope this forum picks up some traffic. A Canadian motorcycle forum is a great idea.
I am 60 and have been riding and wrenching on motorcycles since I was 12.
I live in northern BC. We are lucky to get 6 or 7 months of riding season in a year.
I have owned the following motorcycles:

Keystone Minibike
Kawasaki J1 80cc
Yamaha 50cc
Suzuki RV125 AKA Cucumber
Yamaha DT2-250
Honda CL350
Can-Am 250 MX2
Kawasaki H2 500cc Triple
Yamaha XS750
Yamaha 11 Special
BMW K100RT
Yamaha 500XT
2008 KLR650
2017 KLR650

I still have the BMW R100RT and the 2017 KLR650 and I am looking for a winter project bike.

Terry

Hi Terry. Welcome to the site! I am in the lover mainland. Currently have a Yamaha FZ6 but am thinking about an Indian FTR1200

terry_g

The FTR1200 is a pretty cool looking bike. I have always been a fan of naked bikes.
I Like the older Buells and hope to find one some day.

Terry

Last edited: